The RealSimGear G5 is a simulation inspired by the Garmin G5 and is for X-Plane 11 or 12. It is a true to life simulation which may be ran in different modes for your favorite aircraft(s) in X-Plane.
Quick Facts: The RealSimGear G5 is a simulation inspired by the Garmin G5 and is for X-Plane 11 or 12. It is a true to life simulation which may be ran in different modes for your favorite aircraft(s) in X-Plane.
Compatibility: Mac & Windows. X-Plane 11 or 12 only.
About the G5
The RSG G5 electronic flight instrument is an all-in-one backup or primary “glass cockpit” display. The G5 has 2 pilot-selectable main page formats: a PFD page and a DG (directional gyro) or HSI (horizontal situation indicator) page. By combining visual cues and data readouts once scattered across a myriad of instruments, G5 makes flight information easier to scan — so pilots can respond more quickly and intuitively to any inflight situation.
With Version 2.0 of the G5, some significant improvements have been added, including:
- Autopilot status “scoreboard” and flight-director to the attitude indicator display
- Horizontal and vertical deflection indicators added to the attitude indicator display
- True airspeed, outside air temperature, and heading bug added to the attitude indicator display
- Wind speed/direction, course/dtk, and distance to waypoint added to the HSI display
- Updated the popups to use the modern popup system, as seen in the latest TorqueSim SR20/22 G1000 and Entegra versions, bringing better configurability and automatic popup support to RealSimGear G5 hardware users.
- Available for purchase via X-Aviation
Where can I purchase the G5?
The G5 can be purchased from X-Aviation here. Existing customers of the AFM G5 do not need to make a new purchase.
I’m an existing AFM G5 customer, what do I need to do and what does this mean for me?
Don’t worry, everyone who purchased the AFM G5 has a license to the RealSimGear G5 – updates will continue under that brand and there is no cost. The RealSimGear G5 is still being sold through X-Aviation, as the AFM G5 was, so the product transfer was already seamlessly completed. Currently, the shipping version has not been updated to Version 2.0, but that will be coming in the next few weeks.
Who do I contact for support on the G5?
The RealSimGear G5 forum on X-Pilot is a great place to start. If you want a direct contact, there are two main points of ticketed support, X-Aviation support for issues related to the installer, purchases, etc. Contact RealSimGear for support on the software itself, integrations, anything to do with the G5 hardware, and anything else. We will make sure you are taken care of!