RealSimGear FAA Certified Packages
RealSimGear now offers FAA Approved, Basic Aviation Training Device (BATD) simulator packages. These packages have been developed to allow you to have a realistic, affordable and now FAA approved way to log time and maintain currency requirements.
The RealSimGear FAA Approved flight simulators are the most affordable certified simulators that use real buttons and knobs which mean you are not forced to use a distracting touch screen or have your view obscured by clumsy overlays. Real buttons and knobs allow you to develop the muscle memory and actual work flow patterns that are important for practising all types of flight procedures.
Per the terms of certification, the RealSimGear BATD products allow for:
- § 61.51(b)(3) – Logbook entries
- § 61.51(h) – Logging training time
- § 61.57(c)(2) – Instrument experience
- § 61.65(i) – Instrument rating: not more than 10 hours
- § 61.109(k)(1) – Private Pilot Certificate aeronautical experience: up to 2.5 hours
- § 141.41(b) – Approved for use under the part 141 appendices as follows:
- Appendix B – Up to 15% towards the total Private Pilot training time requirements
- Appendix C – Up to 25% toward the total Instrument training time requirements
Note: Minimum training or experience requirements such as cross country, night, solo, takeoffs and landings, and the 3 hours of training within 2 calendar months of the practical test must be accomplished in an aircraft. Private Pilot Airplane applicants must also complete the requirement for 3 hours of control and manoeuvring of an airplane solely by reference to instruments specified in § 61.109 in an airplane. Additionally, practical tests, type specific training credit, and Instrument Proficiency Checks cannot be conducted in a BATD.